Planning and Organizing
In all aspects of a good move preparation and planning are the key ingredients. To make your packing as efficient as possible, follow these simple steps:
- Get your packing material; it is ideal if you can pickup enough packing material to get you through the entire job, rather than making frequent, inefficient trips.
- Prepare an inventory of items that you will need to pack, and identify those items that you will need at your disposal until moving day. Begin packing the less essential items, such as out of season clothing, extra linens, and your good china.
- On the box, write a brief description of what is inside, along with the room you would like the box to be placed in at your new location.
- Place packed boxes in a location that is out of harm’s way, yet readily assessable for the movers. All local moves are based on the actual time of our involvement, so the closer the boxes are to the truck the quicker the move.
- Call our office if you have questions on how to pack a specific item. If you are not happy with the way you packed an item of high monetary or sentimental value, we can give you advice on how to pack it properly.
- Leave yourself plenty of time to get the job done. For a typical home, you will find it takes twenty five to thirty hours of packing time. You should start your packing two-to-three weeks before the move date.